This problem has been found to be caused by the KB44934772 update on or around 4/11/19.
This solution was put together as a combination of work by Andrew, Blu and Joanne.
- Boot computer into Safe Mode by holding F8 during boot
- open Control Panel and then programs
- on the left click installed windows updates
- It will a while for everything to load, there is a status bar at the top of the screen.
- at the bottom you are looking for Microsoft Security Update (KB4493472)
- Right click on the update and choose uninstall
- The computer will ask to reboot after it has uninstalled and it can boot normally.
- login with the same Local User that you logged into safe mode with
- open start menu and Right-Click Computer
- Choose Properties
- Select Change Computer Name
- Click Radio button next to workgroup, enter anything in the text box and click ok. (Do Not Restart after this step)
- click Change Computer Name again
- Click the Radio Button next to Domain and enter havsd.int (When prompted enter your network account <havsd\btaylor>)
- When it asks to reboot this time, you can restart and the computer should be back to normal.